Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson #2)
When Charley and Cookie (her best friend/receptionist) have to track down a missing woman, the case is not quite as open and shut as they anticipate. Cookie's friend Mimi disappeared five days earlier. Mimi then sends Cookie a cryptic message telling Cookie to meet her at an nearby coffee shop. The coffee is brewing, but Mimi's still missing. There is, however, a clue Mimi left on the bathroom wall: a woman's name. Mimi's husband explains to them that his wife had been acting strange since she found out an old high school friend had been murdered. The same woman whose name Mimi had scribbled on the bathroom wall.
Meanwhile, Reyes Alexander Farrow (otherwise known as the Son of Satan. Yes. Literally) has left his corporeal body and is haunting Charley. He's left his body because he's being tortured by demons who want to lure Charley closer. But Reyes can't let that happen. Because if the demons get to Charley, they'll have a portal to heaven...well, let's just say it wouldn't be pretty.
Can Charley handle hot nights with Reyes and even hotter days tracking down a missing woman? Can she keep those she loves out of harm's way? And is there enough coffee and chocolate in the world to fuel her as she does?
Here is your signpost for the most hilarious read of the year: Second Grave on the Left.
'Second Grave on the Left' is tagged as:
- First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones Book #1
- Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones Book #2
- Third Grave Dead Ahead by Darynda Jones Book #3
- Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones Book #4
- Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones Book #5
- Sixth Grave on the Edge by Darynda Jones Book #6
- Seventh Grave and No Body by Darynda Jones Book #7
- Eighth Grave After Dark by Darynda Jones Book #8